Parklands Toyota, Turnpike, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 8PJ are the Data Controller and responsible for the processing of your personal data for the purposes listed below.
Requesting a Test Drive, Brochure, Get a Quote, Booking a Service or Contact Us
When you contact us with a request for test drive, brochure, quotation, appointment or any other request, for information on Toyota/Lexus products, services or apps via our Toyota/Lexus website or a Toyota/Lexus application, the following rules will apply:
- Your data - We will only collect data that is required to fulfil your specific request. This may include your name, address, email address and telephone number. The forms you completed are designed to only capture the required information to fulfil your request.
- Sharing your data - Your data will not be shared with any other company, except for Dealers, when they are required to fulfil your request or if you provided permission. When this happens, we will forward your details to your nearest Dealer. We also use trusted third parties to deliver services on our behalf.
- Keeping your data - We will only use your data for fulfilling your request, if you have not separately consented to receiving personalised communications from us, you won’t receive any.
Marketing Communications - Only with your consent
If you provide consent to marketing on our website forms or at a Dealership, we will process your data to send you:
- Reminders - Related to your vehicle and to renew any services we offer that expire.
- Offers and Events - Information related to our latest products and services, which could be relevant for your vehicle or mobility.
- Surveys - Requests to participate in surveys we undertake with respect to you, your Toyota vehicle and/or the Toyota products and services, which we may follow up on.
How long we retain your data
Parklands will only retain your data for as long as required by law or where we have an appropriate business justification. Your consent to marketing is not taken as consent to market to you forever, so if we feel you’re not engaging, we do not take your consent for granted and will suppress you after a threshold is reached. You have the opportunity to unsubscribe from our communications at any point by contacting us directly.
Is the data shared with anyone?
We only share your data with providers of services for things such as warranties, insurance, financial services and we also use third party hosted systems to enable us to deliver our services effectively.
- Toyota Motor Europe (TME) – When you provide your permission to personalised marketing communications we share your information with TME, as they provide system support to us and allow us to manage your preferences. TME also manage certain systems on our behalf, request certain business-related information from us to undertake European wide analysis of our customers experience and satisfaction.
- Party System Providers – We also use approved third-party system providers who help us deliver our services, such as manage your preferences, help us communicate to our customers and understand our demographics and customer preferences better. We ensure that there are contracts in place with these Data Processors that include appropriate security and privacy contractual clauses and controls to protect your personal data.
Data Processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Your personal data will be processed outside of the EEA, as we use Salesforce Marketing Cloud, which is hosted in the United States of America. To ensure we have adequate safeguards in place we have signed up to standard contractual clauses on the processing of your personal data.
Want to know more?
If you would like to know any more information with regards to this privacy notices or have any queries or questions in relation to how we process your personal data then please don’t hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer at Parklands Toyota, Turnpike Garage, Helston, Cornwall TR13 8PJ